Elberton Granite Association
Phone: (706) 283-2551
Founded in 1951, the Elberton Granite Association, Inc. is the largest trade association of granite quarriers and manufacturers in the United States. More than 250,000 granite memorials are manufactured annually by E.G.A. firms and shipped throughout the United States.
The Elberton Granite Association, Inc. represents more than 150 member firms. In addition to encouraging traditional memorialization and high standards of quality, the Elberton Granite Association, Inc. also maintains a voice in the national and international granite industry with regard to market development and technology.
Elbert County Historical Society
The Elbert County Historical Society was chartered during our nation’s bicentennial in 1976. The group has made its home in the former Southern/Seaboard Air Line train depot on the CSX line at North Oliver Street (Hwy. 77). Special historical documents and artifacts can be seen by appointment only.
Rotary Club of Elberton
The Rotary Club of Elberton is an organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
Rotary club membership represents a cross-section of the community’s business and professional men and women. The world’s Rotary clubs meet weekly and are nonpolitical, nonreligious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds.
Rotary membership provides the opportunity to: Become connected to your community. Work with others in addressing community needs. Interact with other professionals in your community; assist with RI’s international humanitarian service efforts. Establish contacts with an international network of professionals. Develop leadership skills. Involve family in promoting service efforts.
The primary focus of the Elberton Rotary Club is elementary school literacy programs, local scholarships, wheelchair ramps, clean water initiatives in Haiti, and Alliance for Smiles Missions.
Lions Club International
We have proudly served the Elberton community since 1953! Our members are very different in many ways, but we share a core belief – our community is what we make it. That’s because we help where help is needed.
In short, We Serve. Here are some of the things our club has done recently:
We help provide eye exams and glasses by assisting those who are sight or hearing-impaired in our community and collect used eyeglasses and hearing aids to refurbish and recycle for the needy in third world countries.
Provide monetary help and support to our community when a disaster occurs or with medical needs.
College scholarships to deserving students who attend a major university or technical college.
Provide monetary help to Safehouse Ministries, Inc.
Support the Elbert County Band Boosters and academic boosters.
At the State Level, we support Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation, Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic, Georgia Lions Children Eye Center, Georgia Camp for the Blind, and Georgia Camp for Diabetic Children.
At the International Level, we support Lions Leader Dog School for the Blind, Lions Projects for Canine Companion, and Lions Club International.
Pilot International was begun in 1921 in Macon, Georgia. The mission of Pilot is to influence positive change in communities throughout the world, by coming together in friendship and giving people an outlet for service. Our organization has three key focus areas:
Encouraging brain safety and health;
Preparing youth for service; and
Supporting those who care for others.
The 51 clubs of the Georgia District work on many varied service projects and fundraisers throughout the year to further our mission.
Keep Elbert County Beautiful
Contact Office: (706) 547-0481
Keep Elbert County Beautiful is an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful and Keep Georgia Beautiful with an ongoing goal to increase recycling efforts, decrease littering and illegal dumping, improve the overall appearance of our County, and promote community involvement.
Elberton Elks Lodge
Elks invest in their communities through programs that help children grow up healthy and drug-free, meet the needs of today’s veterans, and improve their quality of life.
Pulliam-Burton VFW – Post 5456
Contact Office: (706) 283-2570
The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is a nonprofit veterans service organization comprised of eligible veterans and military service members from the active, guard, and reserve forces. Today, membership stands at nearly 1.7 million members of the VFW and its Auxiliary.
Do you have a listing you'd like to feature on ElbertChamber.com? Contact us, today!